The Spaulding Township Department of Public Works-D.P.W. is dedicated to provide safe, high quality water to our residents and businesses at an affordable rate.
The D.P.W. Department provides a continuous, safe drinking water supply for our township residences and businesses. Water system is comprised of:
- Operation and maintenance of the township’s drinking water system delivering over 93,000 gallons of water a day to 2,200 residents
- Repairing water main breaks
- Routinely monitoring, flushing and testing the township water supply
- 800 customers connected to Spaulding Township’s water system
- 98 customers connected to Spaulding Township’s sewer system in designated areas
- Approximately 25 miles of water mains
- 125 water main valves
- 180 fire hydrants
- A bulk water distribution system located at the south end of the building complex
Water Bill Information/Rates
Please use our drop box by main entrance to pay your bills also(no cash payments)
- Water Bills/Rates-Water bills are sent out quarterly. Pay by the due date in order to avoid a late fee. A second reminder bill is sent with a shutoff date. Pay BEFORE shutoff date in order to avoid a reconnect fee. Water service is shutoff ON shutoff date. See your bill for special notes also.
Spaulding Township Water Rates consist of a base rate of $65.92 per quarter for up to 15,000 gallons. $3.98 is charged for every 1,000 gallons over 15,000 gallons.
Sewer rates are $125 for ready to serve charge(sewer hookup charge) and $5.60 per 1,000 gallons used effective April 1, 2017. Rates are per 1,000 gallons,
- Water Bill Information-Normal usage per person per day is 100 gallons. High usage can be the result of gardening, number of people residing in the house, swimming pools, continually running toilets and sump pumps and a steady leak.
Frozen pipes–Call the D.P.W. Department if your pipes are frozen and need assistance.
Water Quality Report–The 2015 Water Quality Report is available in our office and is mailed to each resident annually. The purpose of the report is to provide you with details on where our water comes from, what it contains and any risks associated with drinking it. Spaulding Township D.P.W. Department is dedicated to providing high quality safe drinking water through a reliable water supply.
Water/Sewer Customers–If you are a water/sanitary sewer customer of Spaulding Township contact our office at (989) 777-2733 with any questions or concerns.
If you have a drainfield and are a Spaulding Township resident contact Saginaw County Department of Public Health at (989) 758-3800 with any questions or concerns.
Water Leaks–Check faucets, toilets, hoses and particularly sump pumps. Call the D.P.W. Department with questions/concerns. More detailed information is available in our lobby.
Water and Sewer Line Repair Warranty/Insurance
Over the past few years, a number of companies have been sending letters to residents in the area concerning a repair warranty which covers sewer and water lines to the property. This sales letter is legal. Homeowners are responsible for water and sewer service lines from the road right-a-way to their home. It is not common for these lines to fail which would entail repair or replacement costs. Sewer service lines may require maintenance, over the years, for root clearing or cleaning. Failure of water service lines from the road right-a-way to the home are not common and often nonexistent. NOTE: Water and sewer service line repairs within the road right-a-way are covered by the area township. This cost is not the homeowner’s responsibility. Please call the DPW Department at (989) 777-2733 for any questions.
Useful Links/Contact Information
Utility Assistance– Call 211 Northeast Michigan
American Water Works Association- www.drinktap.org.
Additional links listed under Helpful Links on our home page
Water/Sewer Emergency Contact Information
Spaulding Township D.P.W. Department responds to water system emergencies during normal business hours Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Call us at (989) 777-2733 during these hours.
After these hours and during posted holidays, please dial 911 for immediate assistance.
Donald Ackerman, D.P.W. Superintendent
Patty Davidson, D.P.W. Secretary